Product Owner, Connectivity - China Mkt - eCom Travel - Bangkok
Product Owner, Connectivity - China Market - global eCommerce leader - Travel -- TH-Bangkok
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand. Our client is very keen to hear from individuals who are willing to relocate. They offer very comprehensive salary package but full relocation and visa sponsorship.
This American dotcom, a top 5 player in their industry, operates a global network that includes more than 250,000 partners worldwide. Our client provides a first-rate reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and local connections to provide the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product and based in Bangkok, the Product Owner - Connectivity - China will be responsible for defining and executing the strategy and goals for the company's supply connectivity products and accommodation supply partnerships based on customer needs and business goals. POs drive the relentless innovation required to stay ahead in an extremely dynamic and competitive industry. Product Owners will create and maintain a product road-map and will be responsible for communication with all stakeholders (business heads, marketing, developers, and senior management) to ensure that the company's products continue to perform at the highest possible level and serve the needs of their many customer groups.
A Product Owner will see the big picture and the small detail at the same time. He or she will understand the broad needs of the business, scan the competitive landscape in which their product operates, spot trends and technical developments and update the product road-map as needed. At the same time, he or she will understand every detail of the product from design to functionality to usability. They will need to understand various ecommerce metrics and concepts very well - conversion, repeat rates, ROI, site performance metrics, bounce rates, return on investment, etc.
In summary, you can expect to work on the cutting edge of technology, data, digital marketing, algorithmic decision-making and consumer psychology - all at a scale that very few ecommerce companies in the world today can offer.
Our client's Product Owners interact with C-Level executives all day, every day and are empowered to create, measure and improve every aspect of the business with very little overhead or bureaucracy.
- Leading company-wide product innovation focused on accommodation supply
- Setting strategic direction of supply partnerships based on customer needs and business goals
- Converting strategic goals into operational tasks, and working engineering teams to achieve them
- Managing implementation of connectivity API projects with leading suppliers such as chains and channel managers
- Making proposals to senior management regarding implications of proposed plans
- Defining KPIs for all projects and evaluating the success of a project
- Evaluating risks and trade-offs associated with each course of action
- Working closely, and acting as a focal point across all key stakeholders - internal and external - to ensure all projects meet business needs
- Reviewing with supply partners the success of the partnership on a regular basis, and drive incremental business through product enhancement
- Proven ability to manage multi-stakeholder software development or implementation projects in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and quantitative methods to inform and influence decision-making
- Enthusiasm to develop engineered processes and technologies and to apply innovative solutions to make organisational improvements while encouraging creative thinking and innovation
- Ability to motivate and inspire development teams to achieve beyond what they imagined possible
- Entrepreneurial and analytical; effective at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business
- 7+ years of experience in roles demonstrating above qualities
- Experience with or knowledge about XML, high volume APIs would be beneficial
- MBA or advanced Math, Computer Science or Statistics degree preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is required for this role
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and skill sets:
- Relentless curiosity and an urge to innovate, measure and improve
- Openness to change and new information
- Proven skills in recruitment and staff leadership
- Hands-on mentality
- Recognises own strengths and weaknesses
- Process oriented and strong problem-solving skills
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on relevant global trends
- Collaborative and consensual approach.
- Commitment to 'speed wins' philosophy
- Highly ethical
- Sense of humour, humility
If this role sounds like it's for you please send us your CV right now. Our client will be starting interviews imminently.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78900426