We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Advisor to join our clients' established and expanding team!
Can be Based in North London, West London or Central London
£18,000 - £ 24,000 DOE
Our client is an established Independent Higher Education Institute with several London and Essex based campuses.
They are now looking for a Student Advisor to join their growing College. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to continue their career in the Higher Education Sector.
The successful Student Advisor will:
- Be required to work in the busy reception area of the college dealing with all enquiries, whether in person or by telephone. This will involve operation of the college switchboard and liaison with the students and staff.
- Receiving and greeting all visitors professionally, answering general questions where possible and referring specific enquiries to other staff where appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring all visitors are signed in to and out of the College.
- Receiving and directing all incoming calls related to the College on a multiline phone system, taking messages and distributing all messages efficiently to relevant staff.
- Directing visitors to the comfort of the waiting area while relevant staff members are notified of the arrival of the visitor.
- Typing/word processing of letters, minutes, reports, weekly bulletin and other documents, as required by the line manager.
- Ensuring the reception and waiting areas are always kept tidy and in a professional appearance.
- Manage bookings for conference and meeting rooms.
- Flexibility in taking on additional tasks, willing to offer help
- To ensure a safe working environment in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations
- Participation in, contribution to and evaluation of training and development opportunities including those arising from annual staff review
Requirements for the Student Advisor
- Experience working in Education sector in the UK and relevant to the post.
- NVQ / QCF level 4 qualification (or equivalent).
- MS Office knowledge is a must.
About Morgan Jones:
This role is being handled by Morgan Jones Recruitment & HR Consultants. We have been established as a quality recruitment business for over 16 years with a reputation for fair and equal representation.
We see each applicant as an individual and will treat you accordingly.
Follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78773005