Senior Retail Category Buying Manager Confectionery / Impulse
Market leading Foodservice company is looking for an experienced senior level Category Manager to join their rapidly growing international business. This role is responsible for setting commercial strategies across the business.
You will be given full responsibility to procure a range of confectionery fresh and frozen products for this rapidly growing business. You will have the autonomy to make the day to day and strategic decisions that will have a direct impact on the profit of this successful business.
Key areas of the role will include:
- Setting the commercial strategy for the Confectionery / Soft Drinks / Impulse and Snacks
- Managing a team of Buyers and Assistant Buyers
- Negotiation of supplier trading terms to meet financial target
- Competitor Analysis
- Continually sourcing new supplier
- Range management and category planning
- Working cross functionally with other key business areas e.g. supply chain and technical
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
- Highly developed negotiation skills
- Senior level food buying management experience with a Retail, Foodservice or Wholesale environment
- Excellent supplier management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong commercial acumen – accountability for achieving and excelling company targets
- A highly self-motivated individual
Candidates with experience in buying any food or non food product range will be considered including impulse, snacking, beverages, ambient, frozen, chilled, fresh, meat, fish, dairy and general non food.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious senior level buyer to join this leading business in one of their key areas of growth.
This position provides a market leading remuneration package and excellent career prospects.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78965737