We have an exciting opportunity for a Category Specialist to join our Global Indirects team within the Procurement function. This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with the Professional Services Category Manager to help deliver end – end category strategies across Legal and Financial Services.
If you are passionate about Procurement, have category management experience and are looking to develop specialist experience within Professional Services then we would be keen to hear from you.
- Location: Staines
- Help manage all procurement activity across expenditure categories, including the creation and implementation of category strategies that will ensure delivery in line with business objectives, regulatory requirements and the landing of all value negotiated.
- Support category assessments to generate innovative opportunities and robust strategic sourcing plans
- Report changes and updates through proactive governance.
- Source and procure a range of goods and services across one or more expenditure categories ensuring optimum value for money within defined service and quality criteria.
- Identify opportunities for, lead and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and services negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters and applying judgement as to what constitutes an acceptable level of contractual risk and supply resilience.
- Provide support to the Category Manager in complex negotiations through data, market or other analysis.
- Draft, negotiate and obtain agreement to commercial contracts ensuring that operational and commercial risks to business are fully understood and minimised.
- Confidence and credibility with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Pro-active, flexible, resilient, motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to meet deadlines/deliver on promises.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and expeditiously exploit commercial opportunities
- Clear understanding of Category Management principles
- Knowledge of end to end Category Management including market insight, business partnering, negotiation, on-going supplier management and governance
- Evidence of managing a category through the whole life cycle, ensuring the value created in the negotiation stage hits the bottom line
- Understanding of general and contract law
- Advanced skill using MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Membership of CIPS (or equivalent)
Total package circa: £35k – £50k (depending on experience)
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78962756