Learning Support Assistant Job - Camden
LSA Learning Support Assistant Job, Academic Support | KS3 - GCSE | Starting Immediately, Camden
You will be a LSA in a mainstream Secondary School based in the bustling area of Camden supporting children with complex medical needs. The Secondary School has excellent support systems in place for their staff members and have outstanding teaching practices.
The Learning Support Assistant's (LSA) main role is to provide support for pupils with a statement of special educational needs. LSA's will ensure that pupils can integrate as fully as possible in the activities generally undertaken by the other children in the class and make progress.
Duties will include running specific programmes and activities to assist the pupil's individual learning and social needs. The LSA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils' Individual Education Plan (IEP) in liaison with the class teacher and Inclusion Manager.
Supporting the Students:
- To provide learning support for the pupil in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups.
- To develop knowledge of the particular needs of the child and seek advice from Inclusion Manager, class teacher and outside agencies as required..
- To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified materials as required e.g. worksheets, games, visual prompt cards etc.
- To make or modify resources as suggested and advised by the Inclusion Manager, Educational Psychologist or other outside agencies.
- To be involved in the planning and preparation of the day to day class activities.
- To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside.
- To support the pupil in the playground, being mindful of his health and safety in relation to his condition, and encouraging safe interactive play.
- Motivate and encourage the pupil to have a go at activities they may be unsure of.
- Provide positive reinforcements, praise and rewards.
- Facilitate inclusion in small group activities with peers and support interaction between them.
- To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the post in order to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs.
- Provide support and facilitate interaction with peers in the classroom and around school.
You will be confident supporting children with medical needs and SEN as well as having previous experience of working in a similar role, preferably in a Secondary School setting, you will be very confident and articulate and have an excellent understanding of the UK National Curriculum and child safeguarding and protection procedures
Should you meet all of the above criteria and wish to be considered for a long-term and full time Teaching Assistant job within the Camden area, please send your CV to Kavita Amin. Please ensure that your CV details relevant skills / experience as mentioned above.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78936915