Procurement Category Manager
Award winning recruitment Company “Siamo Group” is looking to recruit a Procurement Category Manager to join our Client on a permanent basis in Bardon Hill.
The Procurement Category Manager will work in close collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure the proactive and effective end-to-end management of Procurement Logistic commercial requirements.
Key Responsibilities include;
- To support with the management of tenders, contracts and negotiation strategy, in line with the Logistics Procurement Strategy and Operational performance needs.
- Achieve strong, collaborative, and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Work with end-users and relevant functional departments to develop specifications, statements of work, operational performance metrics and tender documentation.
- Manage the tender/supplier selection/contract award and implementation process ensuring effective communication is maintained throughout.
- Support and where necessary lead the contract performance management process with key third party hauliers in line with agreed haulier contracts.
- Create added value (performance & savings) annual activity plans that support the attainment of department/business objectives.
- Ensure that department and individual performance targets are achieved through the maintenance of monthly progress reports.
- Conduct regular risk assessments for Logistics Procurement.
- Fully populate all key Procurement databases and information registers, ensuring that key information is maintained and kept up-to-date at all times.
- Formally plan regular review meetings with end-users, stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring that these take place as planned.
- Demonstrate positive, proactive, customer-focused and professional behaviours at all times.
- Provide category expertise to support the operational procurement team
- Supply chain management to ensure Purchase to pay KPI’s are achieved
- Other purchasing duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Procurement or Line Manager.
Business / Region Specific criterion;
Specialist Knowledge, Skills / Experience / Qualifications
(The direct knowledge & experience of, exposure to, and application of relevant skills etc.)
- Procurement expertise preferably with Category Management General Services (IT & telecoms, Personnel Management, Marketing, Consulting)
- Knowledge & experience of additional Direct & Indirect categories.
- Drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions especially construction contracts.
- Drafting and development of performance metrics (SLAs and KPIs).
- Assisting end users in drafting and developing specifications, statements of work etc...
- Drafting tender documentation.
- Management of the tender process.
- Market & Supplier analysis.
- Proven experience of developing and managing strong relationships with end-users, senior stakeholders and suppliers.
- Gravitas to influence at all levels of management.
- Able to lead & manage multiple priorities / projects effectively & efficiently without compromise to quality.
- Presenting business cases and strategy recommendation to Board level.
- Driving significant change management projects and programmes.
- Specialist process and/or manufacturing optimisation techniques e.g. Six Sigma / Kaizen / other.
- MCIPS (or actively working towards)
- Business Degree
- Engineering Qualification
Specific Experience Required;
- Delivering significant benefit through supplier sourcing, selection and contracting to best advantage of the Company.
- Ability to generate procurement plan to support Procurement Plans.
- Ability to create procurement contracting and negotiation strategies for best advantage.
- Managing multiple, diverse spend categories.
- Managing multiple suppliers.
- Managing high total spend.
- Delivering significant savings across multiple Direct and Indirect spend categories.
- Extensive project management (including management of high value, high risk, complex procurement projects).
- Driving savings through supplier relationship management (SRM) programmes.
- Designing, implementing and managing process improvement and efficiency initiatives.
- Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
- £30,000-35,000 per annum
- Pension scheme, Company match up to 5%
- Competitive bonus scheme in place, annual earning potential of 5-10% of salary
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free parking
- Kitchen facility
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team in their busy office, if you would like to be considered for this role then please apply now by sending us your CV.
Thank you for your interest in our vacancy, if you have not heard from us within 7 days then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78687326