Category Manager IT
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Category Manager to manage general indirect services with a focus on I.T for my global client based in Greater Manchester
This key procurement role is responsible for sourcing and controllership of indirect spend categories locally, regionally and globally.
Categories include but are not limited to I.T, marketing, facilities etc. Key leadership traits required include the ability to form strong partnerships with business leaders and their teams to define requirements, identify the best suppliers, and negotiate advantageous pricing, terms and performance for the business.
Duties of this role will include:
- Work with business and finance leaders to identify and drive savings and controllership improvements
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on procurement principles and processes and maintain procurement ethics in accordance with company policies
- Work closely with the business teams to understand their purchasing needs and select the best suppliers to achieve long-term goals while focusing on total cost of ownership
- Identify and manage sourcing and supplier engagement activities including strategic sourcing plans, RFPs, bid and proposal reviews, negotiations, contract awards, etc.
- Develop negotiation strategies to deliver against business objectives and achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- CIPS qualified or equivalent/ ideally degree level
- 3 years in an Indirect Procurement function at a multinational corporation with national and global contracts
- In-depth understanding of best-in-class procurement processes (sourcing, contracting, negotiation, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of contract terms and conditions
- Extremely customer focused and takes the time to understand the needs of the business
- Outstanding partnering, influencing and negotiation skills
If you are interested in this excellent procurement opportunity then please apply or contact Lee Carey for further information
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78926729