Global Category Manager
Provide effective sourcing leadership on on Global Category, linking the external marketplace with internal business needs through development and execution of effective sourcing strategy.
Global manufacturing organisation based in south Oxfordshire.
- Develop and implement global category sourcing strategies
- Collaborate with cross-category teams to achieve material cost reduction targets, while maintaining supply reliability and delivery of the required innovation plan.
- Ensure the timely negotiation of all agreements including, but not limited to, Strategic Sourcing Agreement.
- Serve as the lead in all mediation and problem resolution relating to suppliers, timelines, and interpretation of contracts/agreements.
- Lead the review, coordination, and administration of local long-term purchase contracts.
- Work in conjunction with business units and suppliers to identify new materials to be strategically sourced.
Execute early supplier selection to support the product development cycle.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies in new markets as business requirements dictate
- Support the supplier management process, supplier selection, supplier rating, supplier development, supplier reduction and supplier performance evaluation
* Commercially astute and strong negotiation skills
* Strategic thinking
* Influencing and directing
* Coordinating and/or leading diverse groups within the business and third party colleagues
* Prioritising and managing multiple projects
* Collaborating internally and externally to drive solutions that are best for the business
* Exposure to global and complex projects
£45,000 - £50,000
25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
Contributory Pension Scheme, company contributions set at 5% (with a matching arrangement up to 10%)
Discretionary bonus subject to company and individual performance.
Death in service cover 3 x salary
Subsidised staff restaurant
Salary Sacrifice arrangements for childcare vouchers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78953490