Educational Tours Sales Consultant
Educational Tours Sales Consultant
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Salary: Basic of between £18,000 - £24,000 DOE + on-target earnings of £2,000 - £10,000
Employment Status: Full-Time
Founded in 1965, Rayburn Tours is a successful tour operator specialising in world-wide educational tours for schools, concert tours for amateur music groups, ski tours for youth groups and sport tours for clubs, schools and universities. Our sister company, Venture Abroad, specialises in holidays abroad for groups of people with common interests such as Scouting and Guiding.
We arrange a comprehensive package for the customer which includes travel, accommodation, full itinerary service, insurance, excursion leaflets, organisation of concert venues and appropriate publicity for all concert tours, maps and 'in-the-field' study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide range of subjects for educational tours.
Rayburn Tours is a family-run business based in Derby and employs over 80 members of staff.
OUR VALUES & ETHOS
The Company operates within a culture of good family values, integrity and honesty. We value and strive to maintain fair and ethical dealings with our customers and understand and respect the faith they place in our organisation. Their satisfaction is our financial and motivational reward. The business has a clear purpose to expand its influence on more young people. It will achieve this by continual product development, improved customer communication and marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Consultant to join our Educational Tours Department. After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for selling tours to a variety of destinations. The main duties are:
• Taking enquiries from clients via telephone, e-mail, internet or in person.
• Advising clients of the best solutions to their requirements.
• Compiling profitable and attractive quotations for clients and ensuring regular contact is maintained throughout the process.
• Liaising with airlines, accommodation centres and other suppliers.
• Carrying out occasional sales visits/presentations to the Party Leader and/or group; these may include face-to-face meetings with leaders and parents' evenings.
• Researching and undertaking destination and accommodation inspection trips (in the UK and overseas) where appropriate.
• Assisting in developing tours to new destinations and occasionally accompanying groups on tour.
It is expected that the successful candidate will undertake client visits on some occasions. This will require flexibility as clients are located throughout the UK and visits may take place during evenings or at weekends.
There are fluctuations to the pattern of tours that we sell and operate and, consequently, there will be peak periods throughout the year when additional hours may need to be worked in order to complete the workload. We also operate an out-of-hours emergency telephone which is covered by staff on a rotational basis during the periods that our groups are on tour. All Sales Consultants take part in the Emergency Phone Rota, however, you are not be expected to have responsibility of this until full training has been completed.
There will be opportunities to travel to the destinations that we offer through inspection visits and familiarisation trips as well as accompanying groups as a courier or observer.
It is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday) based at our Head Office in Derby. The Company operates a Flexible Working Programme for all full-time staff which enables a choice of one of 4 bands to work per week between 08:00 - 18:00hrs. The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate's notice period.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Essential Skills & Experience
• Experience of working in a sales environment
• Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Financial and commercial awareness
• Proven ability to hit set targets
• Full UK Driving licence
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of the travel industry
• An interest in travel
• An interest in history or geography
• Fluency in French, German, Spanish or Italian
• 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
• Cycle to Work, Childcare Voucher and Healthcare Cashback schemes
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78673775