UK Procurement Manager - Logistics Category
Logistics Category Manager - South East - £50,000-£60,000
Location: South East
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
A global procurement transformation designed to reinvigorate a best-in-class strategic sourcing function has created an opening for an ambitious and results oriented Logistics Procurement Category Manager to join a prestige name within the FMCG space.
As Logistics Category Manager, you will work cross functionally with a range of senior stakeholders to create a legacy across UK logistics procurement - driving strong savings initiatives - continuing your already rapid career progression. In the role you will manage spend across the UK on a range of sub-categories; focusing in particular on Transportation and Warehousing spend.
Logistics Category Manager Responsibilities:
- Drive strategy across the logistics category, delivering long-term solutions to strategic sourcing challenges
- Work collaboratively to ensure both a seamless category transition and the buy-in of senior stakeholders into procurement initiatives across the organisation
- Use innovative strategic sourcing methodology to revitalise a best practise procurement function
- Act as a subject matter expert for logistics procurement within the business, providing the opportunity to make a name for yourself and to develop into more senior positions.
Key Skills & Attributes Required:
- A strong track record within strategic sourcing and category management across the Logistics category, including Warehousing and Transportation
- Rapid progression within a procurement function, including promotions at regular intervals and a desire to remain on an upward trajectory.
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Fast-track career progression at an organisation that rewards performance and puts their people first
- Strategic autonomy across a large spend category and to implement sourcing strategy that delivers lasting savings.
For more information, please apply directly or e-mail an up-to-date copy of your CV to
Keywords: Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Logistics Procurement, Storage, Warehousing, 3PL, 4PL, Operations, Purchasing, Negotiation, Supplier Management, SRM, EMEA, Stakeholder management, Fortune 100, FTSE 100, London
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78937647