Head of Marketing
This is a newly created position for a Head of Marketing professional with a broad range of skills to play a key role in our clients future development, leading a small close-knit team both in the UK and globally.
The Head of Marketing will have overall responsibility for our clients B2B and B2C marketing activities.
The B2B activities centre around the corporate brand and our clients positioning with key stakeholders including Governments, Commercial Partners, Finance providers (including development finance organisations such as the World Bank) and investors. The corporate marketing involves a considerable level of thought leadership, marketing leading positioning and sector definition.
The B2C marketing occurs within the relevant territories and is led locally by dedicated marketing personnel. The activities involve local PR, direct marketing activities (market storms, events, etc), co-branding with our local partner companies and a significant online and social media presence.
- Work with the CEO and senior management team to define and maintain our clients corporate positioning in the market. Communicating this to the wider market via active PR, events, conferences etc.
- Develop and maintain the company's brand identity, including overall responsibility for the main communication channels such as the web site
- Maintaining an already high profile in the market, with particular focus on raising the company's standing in large partners globally and the financial community in Europe and the USA. Requires high profile but low cost promotion including events such as TEDx, Awards and a continuing focus on PR
- Creating the enabling environment to allow our teams on the ground to develop local marketing activities, including local PR, promotion and events. The Head of Marketing will ensure that the activities of the different country organisations are consistent and aligned with the overall brand
- Own the overall marketing budget for the UK and provide oversight to the local marketing budgets in our territories (the local marketing budgets are devolved to the General Managers in territory)
The successful candidate will bring a sound commercial/operational background with a blend of entrepreneurial flair, the ability to 'punch above our weight' and work collaboratively to influence people over which you have no formal authority. Coupled with a self-motivating 'can do' attitude you will combine the skill to deliver a consultative approach with the discipline to meet and exceed targets.
Specifically, the candidate will be a 'hands on' marketing leader, capable and willing to write press releases, actively reach out to PR opportunities, develop PowerPoint and documents as needed, oversee graphic designers to create collateral and manage in detail the overall marketing plan with oversight of the local marketing activities globally.
Key experience and capabilities:
- Demonstrated experience of building a leading marketing presence in a new sector
- Experience of leveraging PR activities to maximise limited communications budget
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest digital marketing techniques and social media channels
- Ability to create plans and campaigns as well as execute them
- Ability to build a brand including graphical, textual and other elements to ensure a consistent message to the market
- Track record of driving thought leadership engaging influencers in the market, from Government, media and key partner organisations (such as financiers, DFIs and other organisations) to communicate a new and exciting vision of the company, backed by appropriate facts
- Patience and discipline to document processes (such as brand guidelines) and ensure they are adopted
- Outgoing personality, always seeking to expand the reach of the company
- A consultative and sympathetic style aimed at forming deep and profitable relationships with partners
- Experience of working in a small, dynamic company and an understanding of the need for individual responsibility and delivery
- Self driving, goal-oriented and able to work independently for long periods without supervision
- The successful candidate is likely to have spent time creating a marketing presence for new high-growth products, creating new markets where none previously existed
- 'Hands in' style - able to work with a small team to get things done but equally able and willing to do the work themselves as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must be able to write high quality press releases, marketing materials, website copy and PowerPoint presentations with ease
- While not a graphical designer, needs an eye for graphics and the ability to both create graphics and to guide external graphical designers to create high quality materials quickly and maintain consistency over the graphical brand
- Excellent skills with Word and Excel for day to day management purposes
- Ability to operate a marketing budget
Our clients expect the candidate will be degree qualified and is likely to have experience of similar roles. Understanding of and interest in emerging markets and/or consumer electronics would be a benefit. Specifically, the candidate must have worked in a small business or a small department of a larger business where they have had sole ownership of the marketing function and demonstrated the ability to drive a new and fresh marketing positioning in a fast growing market sector.My clients offer a highly competitive benefits package.
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78525145