Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to work with an individual child with attachment difficulties in Year 3, on a full time basis during term time only. You will be on a competitive salary of £18,000 per annum.
Teaching Assistant Job Role
Teaching Assistant to work with an individual child with attachment difficulties in Year 3. To support the class teacher in providing an environment suitable for the social, emotional and educational needs of a pupil with attachment difficulties. With a key awareness of how attachment and trauma effects children in the classroom, the role will contribute to help the pupil feel safe, settled and secure in school, in order for them to reach their full potential.
Key Responsibilities as their Teaching Assistant
- Ensure that the pupil receives targeted support, appropriate to their needs, in conjunction with the headteacher, class teacher and the SENCO
- In consultation with the class teacher and SENCO to assist in planning and implementation of any individual programmes of work
- Assist the pupil to stay regulated with consistent, responsive and nurturing support throughout the school day
- Encourage the pupil to develop a positive self-image, and to develop confidence in their abilities
- Assist in monitoring the progress of the pupil in all areas of learning and to keep records as requested
- Liaise with any specialist services as required
- Develop a good working relationship with the pupil, the family and any other professionals involved
- Contribute to and attend any review or liaison meetings as requested
- Liaise with the family of the pupil regularly to ensure that they are kept informed of progress etc
- Prepare, modify and adapt resources and learning materials for the pupil as agreed with the class teacher and other professionals
- Assist in resolving any behavioural, social and emotional difficulties which may arise
- Supervise pupil during playtime, on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
- Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. If the job involves managing others, following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships
Experience and Qualifications needed to become their Teaching Assistant
- NVQ Teaching Level 3 or equivalent, Good Numeracy and Literacy (e.g. GCSE Grade C in English and Maths)
- Effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns
- Friendly and genuinely interested in the needs of others
- A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required
- Necessary corrections must be made in a constructive, supportive manner. As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly
- In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others
The Company may require the role holder to perform other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as their Teaching Assistant then please click ‘apply’ now! They would love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78642102