Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate and Professional Services Procurement Category Assistant to join our Enabling Functions team to work in either Newcastle Upon Tyne or Langley.
This is an Entry level role and we are happy to consider candidates who have an interest in Procurement.
What you'll be doing
As a CPS Procurement Category Assistant, you will:
- Own and manage a number of preferred supplier agreements, both pre and post contract award including implementation of service and on-going service review involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Validate all CPS requisitions received to ensure requestors have complied with Buying Rules. Liaise with requestor where additional information is required
- Organise and administer external supplier reviews, and internal focus groups with stakeholders to review categories, or specific preferred supplier agreements.
- Provide cover for Group Buyers during periods of absence.
- Undertake of a number of sourcing opportunities.
- Take responsibility for a managing a category and areas of spend.
Who we're looking for
- Have a relevant business degree
- Be studying towards (or prepared to study) MCIPS
- Have entry level experience in a procurement or business environment.
- Be organised and methodical
- Have the ability to negotiate a ‘deal’
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and driven
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78595007