Criminal Duty Qualified Solicitor
I am currently recruiting on behalf of client based in Great Barr, who is seeking a commercially minded Criminal Duty Qualified Solicitor to join their team. They are seeking a Solicitor who is looking to develop their privately funded and white collar experience.
You will join a vibrant and knowledgeable team who's current duty rota's cover Birmingham and the Black Country. There are also opportunities within the branch for a Solicitor with a strong own client base or Supervisor experience.
- You will be a criminal solicitor, ideally with a minimum of 2 to 3 years' experience, with both the police station accreditation and duty status.
- Experience in Proceeds of Crime, Prison Law, immigration, conveyancing or motoring defence would be a benefit, you will be able to deal with the full range of criminal matters, to include motor offences, drug possession and some white collar crime, the firm are focused on quality and look to expand the private client base.
- Full time (9.00am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with the expectation of additional hours as required by the business), but we are happy to consider part time applications so long as they exceed 14 hours per week to maintain LAA duty status;
- Full UK Driving Licence and own car; willingness to travel nationwide as and when required;
- Excellent administrative skills, any experience of audio or live dictation would be desirable, able to use legal case management software, after relevant training;
- Good IT Skills (usage of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Office and Case Management System will be expected);
**Higher Courts Advocacy qualification would be a bonus, the firm has an abundance of Crown Court advocacy opportunities.**
There are opportunities within private immigration work and prison law, the firm benefiting from a prison law and immigration legal aid contract. The firm can offer excellent support and ongoing training and the right individuals will be given the chance to develop their career at a very early stage.
If you are a commercially aware criminal solicitor who would like to join an approachable and expanding team, please send me an upto date CV or call me on 0121 643 6954
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78653867