Marketing and Events Manager
Marketing and Events Manager
Salary up to £30,000 per annum
Our client, the national trade body for angel and early stage investing is seeking a dynamic and ambitious marketing and events manager who is experienced at successfully managing multiple event and marketing projects within a commercially driven events environment.
The person and skills
They are looking for someone with ambition, drive and a positive attitude to working to tight deadlines. Someone who is keen to show their passion for quality and who always looks to improve and deliver the next best event.
Skills and experience required include:
- Educated to degree level
- Highly organised - you will need to keep track of your weekly activity and present this at a weekly Monday AM meeting
- Proven experience of developing & executing successful events
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Confident, personable with strong networking skills
- 2+ years' experience in b2b event marketing management
- Good attention to detail
- Relevant marketing and social media experience: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
- Direct marketing skills with a sales focus
- Passionate about creating high level, engaging and accurate marketing copy
- Delivery of projects to deadlines and within budget
- Team player but able to work independently
- Experience in running/planning projects with budgets
- Experience of invoicing and financial software an advantage
- Manage and deliver the events campaign for our client's annual portfolio of existing conferences, and gala dinners/awards and specific event projects
- Represent the business at industry networking events
- Manage logistics and deliver events on time and within budget
- Manage, deliver and market client or member events as and when throughout the year
- Copy writing for marketing materials for events, including emails, brochures, websites, etc.
- Event marketing campaign execution across all appropriate channels - Zoho CRM, Eventbrite, Campaign Monitor, Social media etc
- Research of events to ensure the correct marketing strategy is delivered
- Help come up with design ideas for events and work directly with their outsourced designer
- Deliver the social media for the company
- Management event and marketing administration
- Maintain and develop new relationships with partners to help publicise events
- CRM upkeep
- Conduct marketing campaigns to sell tickets for events and sponsorship
- Any other tasks required by the business
The package and benefits
- Salary up to £30,000 per annum
- 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Normal hours 9.15am - 6.15pm
About our client
Our client is the national trade association representing early stage investment. Working with their members and their industry partners, they connect all those involved in the early stage investment market with a view to ensuring a coherent ecosystem for financing the growth of start-up and early stage businesses.
- They improve connectivity for their industry by holding multiple flagship events throughout the year and through the development of a new online platform.
- They train and support their members with training and awareness workshops, best-practice guides, a new e-learning course and face-to-face support.
- They protect and represent their community through nationwide research projects, working groups and round tables and responses to key government white papers.
They work with over 170-member organisations including angel groups, VCs, accelerators, crowdfunding platforms, corporates, universities, science parks and government bodies. They also work closely with a number of major corporates and partners to further the goals of the trade body.
To apply please send your updated CV outlining your current salary level and notice period.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78529638