Product Manager - Supplies (EMEAR)
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that operates at the cutting edge of technology development. We are dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through the creation of ground-breaking, high-precision and energy-saving technologies. From printers and 3LCD projectors, to wearable GPS/activity monitors and augmented reality smart glasses, Epson offers an extensive array of award-winning products to customers across the world.
Epson are seeking to recruit a Product Manager Supplies who will report into the Tender and Planning Manager to support Business Supplies across EMEAR.
The Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the product lifecycle. The Product Manager is the key point of contact for all other departments for product expertise and market understanding and is responsible for managing the balance between volume forecast and price positioning to maximise category performance. This role will focus on B2B attention to print volume and supplies consumption linked to number of print hardware units installed in the market.
The role is based from our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts with some possible travel across the EMEAR territories or Japan (Seiko Epson Corporation).
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of key Epson technologies and those of competitors
- Knowledge and skill set to technically evaluate products/competitors with the objective to plan internal priorities according to the information gained
- Ensure product availability by working closely with Epson European Supplies and Forecast planning teams
- Responsible for setting, implementing and managing the allocation of supplies
- Work with Epson European Legal department to ensure product / packaging designs comply with consumable market regulations (at European level)
- Track the price/features/value propositions of key competitors with a segmented approach working with other stakeholders and customers as required. Use this information and technology developments as inputs to plan future product (s)
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the key competitors, end users and channel partners who influence the market
- Project Manage all aspects of pre- launch and launch preparation for product ensuring that they enter the market fit for purpose
- Regularly liaise with parent company in order to ensure that product reaches market fit for purpose
- Working with the Market Research team, use external and internal data sources to build the correct segmented market sizing and trend view for business and product planning
- Understand third party ink/laser business and measure genuine ratio on by hardware product segment, ensuring Epson's supplies business is tracking against projection
- Working with the Market Research team and stakeholders, gain an insight and understanding of the customer profile for the allocated product (s). The understanding will include the market segment and resulting 'customer value' to ensure a correct understanding of the customer requirements
- Assist the Hardware Product Managers to propose future Volume/Revenue/Profit plans based on knowledge of market and group of supplies products. Communicate forecasts to relevant departments
- In conjunction with Seiko Epson Corporation, from the product's differentiation identify the market segment and link to supplies fit ratio to hardware, to ensure sales regions understand the value/volume fit for products
- Work closely with the Marketing department in order to ensure that communication to customer is optimised using all relevant media and communication channels
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
As an experienced engaging professional with a good mix of printing supplies business technical and marketing knowledge; you will work closely with our sales, pre-sales, in-country Business Managers, Consumer Product launch group and service teams. Confident and demonstrably be able to communicate across a range of audiences, including Epson's head office in Japan.
Applications are welcomed from Product Managers with experience in printing supplies
- Graduate level education in a technology or marketing background
- Good communication skills and the ability to network
- Numerate with attention to detail
- Analytic and questioning manner with the ability to make sense of data
- Good Excel knowledge and general IT knowledge (PC and Mobile OS's, Network)
- Speaking more than one European language will be valued
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78536209