Head Of Media & Communications
Would you like the opportunity to work in a world-class, world-famous cricket club?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to play the lead role in communicating and promoting both the Club and Cricket Ground to local, national and international media, to oversee internal communications to our employees and to manage the communication of key our strategic projects.
The range of duties are diverse and will require the successful candidate to interact regularly with both staff, senior non-executives and external agencies.
The key duties include, amongst others; development of a new communications strategy, promoting the Club's cricket and non-cricket related activities to relevant media; management of the Media & Communications team and overall responsibility for running the J.P. Morgan Media Centre on all match days to provide a high quality level of service. An experienced communications expert, the post holder will attend all meetings of the Club's Executive Management Board and Committee meetings.
Media | Communications | PR | Budget management | Sporting | Digital Media | Digital
- At least ten years' relevant PR and media experience;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills;
- Proven leadership and budget management experience;
- Proven crisis communications experience;
- Good knowledge of and creative approach to producing content for digital media;
- Able to work using own initiative, independently and as part of a team;
- Able to deal confidently with individuals at all levels of the organisation;
- Capable of planning and prioritising work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, cricket and the landscape of worldwide cricket media;
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, community development and charity work;
- Understanding and working knowledge of the use of digital communications;
- Excellent IT skills; and
Willingness to work long hours on occasion, in addition to some weekend working in the busy cricket season.
- Have relevant experience in a sporting venue or a cricketing environment.
About Our Company:
We are the world's most active cricket club, the owner of Lord's Ground, the guardians of the Laws and Spirit of the game with an important part to play in the community on a local, national and international level. In addition, with Lord's set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup Final in 2019, together with a roster of other major international and domestic T20 matches in 2018 and beyond, communications will be playing a pivotal role in ensuring that the Club's activities are well publicised.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78678019