National Account Manager
Want to work for an award winning technology business?
With significant investment into the business, our client offers business services underpinned by industry leading technology.
As a National Account Manager, what does a typical day involve?
You'll maintain and develop existing client relationships, grow sales and raise brand awareness for clients. This role is an extremely important function within the Sales team, focusing on the development of their client base and communicating with customers at the cutting edge.
Key responsibilities include:
- Generate high level of customer satisfaction through timely responses to customer needs, deliver great service and provide prompt and reliable follow-up to customer requests
- Develop the trading and interpersonal relationships with the account base to deliver company goals for sales and profit
- Conduct timely and targeted visits and sales calls to customers and prospects to create and maximise continuous and profitable revenue
- Manage and develop effective working relationships at all levels and relevant functions within the major accounts, ensuring senior team members are also connected to key individuals
- Negotiate trading terms in line with contractual agreements
- To be the principal point of contact internally and externally
- Build great internal stakeholder relationships to enable a smooth service delivery for each client
- Management of annual sales target and margin for the account portfolio
- Analysis of sales data, including customer data to track trends in performance and provide input into revenue forecast
- Provide regular feedback on competitor activity in the marketplace and within the customer base in order to maintain and grow our market share
- Ensure the CRM system is used to capture all customer activity including calls, meetings, risks, opportunities and threats
- Create account development plans for all major accounts and prospects, follow through on that plan to ensure revenue delivery achieves target
So what experience and attributes do you need to be a success in this role?
- Gained experience within a similar account management role ideally in the rental, automotive or business travel sector
- Have a good level of education
- Computer literate with good understanding of Microsoft packages and an ability to compile and provide analysis on statistical information particularly within excel
- A self-starter who is comfortable working remotely and managing their diary effectively
- An excellent negotiator who can balance the requirements of both the company and the client to achieve results
- Confident and articulate in all forms of communication and is able adapt their style to suit each situation or audience
- An enthusiastic, positive individual who is easy to work with and enjoys working as a team
- Full UK driving licence and prepared to travel extensively across the UK
What is the salary for the National Account Manager role?
£35 - 45,000 basic, OTE £45 - 60,000 + benefits