Product Manager Inorganic Chemicals
Product Manager – Inorganic ChemicalsBrenntag UK & Ireland (part of the global Brenntag Group) is the market leader in specialty, bulk and packaged chemical distribution. In the UK, we employ over 750 people from 21 strategic sites, three sea-fed facilities and have a dedicated fleet of over 100 vehicles. We serve over 20,000 customer accounts nationwide.Headquartered in Leeds, Brenntag UK & Ireland offers its business partners a wide range of products and value added services, such as filling and mixing and blending, as well as technical support and services for various industries within the life science, environmental and material science sectors.Reporting to and working closely with the Commercial Manager, you’ll relish the prospect of implementing the commercial strategy for our inorganic products in both bulk and packed markets, working across defined customer segments, industries and regions.As the Product Manager – Organic Chemicals, this will involve:
- Building and developing a motivated product team and taking responsibility for the provision of timely and relevant communications to our regional sales functions
- Developing and implementing sales and marketing plans, with a view to delivering budgeted volume and margin plans as part of the wider commercial team
- Providing active and positive input into the commercial review process, covering products, customers, suppliers and supply security, as well as reporting regularly on performance
- Maintaining market and competitor intelligence, offering technical/commercial support to operational teams and co-ordinating/supporting the training of sales staff
- Assisting in negotiations with new and existing suppliers, in order to agree and obtain optimum returns from purchasing and distribution arrangements
This is a key commercial role, requiring an experienced Product Manager and effective team leader, with a business, technical or chemical related Degree, who can demonstrate:
- A relevant industry background and first-hand knowledge of the commodity chemicals markets, including chlor alkali and coagulants
- Proven business/sales management expertise, linked to a good grasp of commodity based sales and the marketing of a service based offering
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, backed by the technical and commercial know-how needed to deal effectively with customers and suppliers alike
- The ability to make a visible impact on day to day operational activities, along with the strategic vision and tactical awareness to plan ahead and contribute to the bigger picture
In return, we can offer an attractive salary and benefits package, which includes company pension scheme, 25 days’ holiday (including the option to buy & sell) and free parking, as well as excellent training and development schemes.
Click apply to send us your CV & covering letter.
In your covering letter, please include your answer to the following questions:
- What is your current Salary?
- What is your expected Salary for this role?
For further information on Brenntag UK & Ireland, please visit: www.brenntag.co.ukNO AGENCIES PLEASE
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78678697