Category Manager - Fresh Foods
This international retailer & wholesaler is currently looking for a Category Manager to work alongside the Commercial and Stock & Analyst team to drive the fresh food category forward.
As a Buying Manager you will be responsible for the buying, supply and development of a range of products to achieve targets and maximise turnover and profitability.
- Plan and develop a profitable and commercial product range
- Negotiate and monitor terms with suppliers and drive excellent business relationships with both UK and European suppliers.
- Working with the Buyer & Supply Manager to complete open to buy forecasts
- Getting customers feedback from Manager's and the Insight team
- Executing category reviews and business plans
- Maintain sales and profit according to budget within a short, medium and long-term business plan
- Approving planogram templates
- Determining process to achieve category margins
- Negotiation on all supplier side
- Being responsible for the promotional programme to maximise profit and sales
To be successful in the position you must have -
- Category Management or Buying experience within Retail, Supplier or Purchasing food background from a fresh food, grocery, frozen or ambient category.
- Knowledge of the retail & wholesale business
- Track record of success within your career
- Have lead and coached to deliver outstanding results as part of a team
- Excellent communication at all levels & maintain and developed key supplier relationships
This is a great opportunities to work in in a fast paced environment and be part of a larger business with exposure to the board & executive team and be part of business that has a turnover of a £Billion internationally. If you feel that you have the Category or Buying experience within the given product category please apply today quoting the reference Q104192.
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78429364