Clothing Category Manager
Would you like to be part of an award winning business? Are you looking for a new role in 2018?
If you're a Category Manager with clothing experience then this could be the role for you.
My client is an award winning growing Sportswear lifestyle retailer who have grown the business significantly over the past few years are looking for an experienced Category Manager who will manage and drive the clothing department within the business.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the growth of the clothing category across all channels, with particular regard to online sales.
- Take ownership of revenue, margin and stock performance with regular reporting to all levels of the organisation.
- Line manage a dedicated clothing merchandiser, providing motivational and technical guidance and direction on the category.
- In conjunction with the Head of Category Management, create and develop a long term plan and strategy for the development of the category.
- Continually enhance commercial relationships with major suppliers.
- Co-ordinate purchase order requirements with the buying team, in part through ongoing reviews and changes of the restock levels, and liaising with the store teams and warehouse teams to resolve any issues affecting stock availability.
- Conduct regular stock and sales analysis work, providing the Company with ongoing insights and recommended actions in response to trading conditions
- Carry out formative analysis work to support the Company in making swift and efficient decisions when progressing product forward orders and end of line opportunities.
- Coordinate sku creation requests on the database which come from across the wider team in addition to your own buying activities. These should be completed in a manner which meets the lead-time expectations for those requests whilst maintaining an exceptional level of accuracy.
Manage accurate, high-quality online product listings through the merchandiser. We're a small team and at busy times, we all need to share the pace making.
The successful candidate will need the following skills:
- Experience of category management.
- The ability to network, internally and externally, to deliver commercial results.
- Experience in the clothing retail sector.
Calm, friendly, professional and helpful - even when working under pressure
- Good analytical and MS Excel skills with the proven ability to handle large amounts of data quickly and accurately.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Excellent Planning, organising and prioritising skills
Good commercial acumen and desire to drive sales
Competitive Salary and Package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78323551