Apprentice Field Engineer
Did you know your mobile phone has more computing power than the computers used for the Apollo 11 moon landing?
Baltic Training and The One Point are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Field Engineer to join their well-established IT Support company based in Hessle.
Specialising in IT Services and Support, Business Telecoms, Business Telephone Systems and Business Mobiles & Broadband Internet; The One Point provide their customers a unique service. Their approach allows businesses to move forward without the hassle, cost and inconvenience of multiple suppliers.
If you think you could inject passion and enthusiasm into this fantastic opportunity, then read on!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be mentored by existing members of staff and trained to;
- Provide IT helpdesk support to clients in order to resolve technical problems
- Technical support for users for hardware and software systems
- Performing diagnostic tests, modifications or repairs to software and hardware
- Monitor helpdesk calls and logs and take appropriate action to ensure satisfactory response to set SLA's and KPIs
- Off-site client visits
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Good time management skills
- Organised, friendly and approachable
- Good communication skills
- Ability to use own initiative to complete tasks
- Enthusiastic and professional attitude
- Passion for IT
- Preferably 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent/predicted
- Due to the nature of the role and visiting various client sites, a full UK driving licence is required
The future is bright
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £132.00 per week
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Overtime and expenses
Location and travel:
The role is located in Hessle, with easy access to link roads from wider areas.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78352756