Test Lab Technician Material Testing
Job Title: Test Lab Technician ( Material Testing )
Responsible to: Test Lab Manager
Salary: £20-22k basic
Location: The job will be mainly working at our factory site based in Dudley, with the possible occasional requirement to visit customer's sites around the UK
We are a company of approximately 30 people specialising in materials testing technology. As the total testing solution we offer bespoke design, manufacture and installation of servo hydraulic materials testing machines as well as a UKAS accredited sub-contract materials testing service.
Our core values are Pride, Excellence, Innovation and Commitment
- Adhere to quality / company procedures and continuous improvement within the
- Organising own time and resources (information, tools, materials, suppliers, customers) to complete tasks allocated by Line Manager to the required standard, schedule and
- Providing material and labour information to sales team for quotation
- Shows commercial awareness, and makes prudent use of Company
- Providing support to suppliers, customers and internal
- Ensuring maintenance of tools, equipment and working areas (tools put away, equipment well maintained, no rubbish, correct use of tools and equipment).
- Responsibility for own and others health and well-being.
- Interpreting customer testing requirements
- Knowledge of material testing / test machines
- Experience of working to International quality standards
- Knowledge and experience of UKAS
- Understands the use and application of uncertainty calculations
- Managing and auditing Quality Management Systems (internal and by external bodies)
- Use of mechanical measuring equipment and hand tools
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good level of numeracy
- Familiar with a company offering bespoke/varied products
- Understanding of servo hydraulics
- Ability to interpret electrical/electronic wiring schematics
- Operation of general workshop equipment
Effective communicator within the Company and with external customers and suppliers.
Polite and well presented with all staff, customers and suppliers regardless of role or level.
Self-starter who delivers high quality, accurate output to a deadline and inspires others to do the same.
Able to work to an established quality management system and Company policies.
Works individually or as a team, collaborating with colleagues throughout the Company in a positive and supportive role
Able to take ownership of tasks, use own initiative to identify and complete tasks and resolve problems or issues as they arise.
Initiative, motivation & flexibility. Good attendance and timekeeping.
Embraces change and innovation in all aspects of work, actively engaging in bringing forward ideas for improvements to processes, systems or products.
Demonstrates excellence, professionalism and integrity.