An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant to join a small team within the Admin/Finance Department.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful Accounts Assistant will provide general support to the Manager and, although not exhaustive, will also be responsible for:
• Running the Sales Ledger Invoice run at least hourly
• Posting cheques and BACS payments daily to the sales ledger, as well as month end reconciliation and reconciling the cash books against what has been posted
• Checking the Cashbook and the foreign payment run and posting to Great Plains system
• Bank reconciliations for GBP, USD and Euro
• Posting Trade Counter and cash sales
• Managing all aspect of Company credit cards
• Liaising with the bank with any issues and starting investigations, when appropriate
• Other associated duties and other ad hoc tasks to cover when other members of the team are absent due to training, annual leave or sickness
Applicants must have a good standard of education including passes in GCSE or equivalent level in Mathematics and English.
Qualified to AAT Level 3 - 4 (or equivalent) is important.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities, whilst maintaining high levels of attention to detail and quality of output.
IT skills with advanced Excel knowledge is essential.
A self- confident manner combined with strong interpersonal and effective communication skills are important qualities required to undertake this role.
Immediate start - Temp to Perm Trial period.
Salary guide: £15k