Product Manager - 36156
Our Client a producer of soft fruit produce are seeking a Product Manager to join their Team.
- Primary technical contact between Clients and customer base
- Provides technical and agronomic support to international propagator and growers to assist in their compliance to customer quality requirements.
- Responsible for management of propagator and grower developments.
- The technical link with the planning team, propagators, growers and marketing desks.
- Responsible for the development of new varieties and products to the market place. Including the alignment of the propagators, growers and end customer.
- Interface with international propagators
- Interface with international suppliers
- Interface with internal team members
- Interface with third party service providers
- Confirm annual propagation needs.
- Ongoing development and management of forecasting models of nursery and fruit – including consistency of forecasting across the different activities and fruits Coordinate with customer teams on approvals via procurement
- Co-ordination with marketing desks, growers and propagators to create useful data that enables change within seasons.
- Coordinate propagator and grower trials and display results in a means that deliver improvements year on year.
- Regular contact with propagators and growers to understand likely challenges and find solutions for such issues.
- Visit propagators and growers as necessary to understand factors affecting supply and amendments to supply programme
- Identify possibilities to maximise product usage dependent on current market situation
- Weekly availability to provide information to procurement and sales on availability for next week and an idea for the following 3 weeks using forecasting model
- Update procurement during the week when new information is gathered that affects short-term (current week) product quality and availability
- Troubleshooting/ issue management
Long Term Planning Activities
- Long term planning discussions with international marketing desks.
- Support propagators and growers in developing 3 and 5 year plans
- Supplier developments to improve quality and yield of plants (e.g. Agronomic techniques to gap fill)
- Supplier developments to improve quality and yield of fruits (e.g. Agronomic techniques to gap fill)
- Undertaking activities to support volume developments (e.g. New supplier visits, new source development)
- Activities that lead to development of increased sales in relevant product area
- Supplier Scorecard for improving grower operations (Best practice and crop quality)
- Management of team that conduct day-to-day activities
- Involvement in other areas as requested by other parts of the team
Company Initiatives and Compliance
- To comply with all legal and statutory obligations applicable to the role.
- Administer and implement working practices, risk management, monitoring and enforcement policies
- Conduct audits on a functional basis to evidence the proper compliance to contracts, procedures and adherence to minimum standards.
- All individuals are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their job and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility.
- Support Company Initiatives and demonstrate Company Values at all times.
- Take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others whilst at work and to comply with the Company’s policies and legislation.
- All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities
- This position does involve some travel
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78361461