SOLOS are happy to be working with a well-established client to recruit a Category Manager for an initial contract for 13 weeks, with view to extend.
We are looking for highly experienced Category Managers with a background in Local Government procurement, who have a strong background in contract management.
As the post holder you will report into the Senior Category Manager and be responsible for delivering the most economically advantageous procurement and contract management solutions to user requirements. You should have proven experience of working across a complex business with strict budgets to support various people or departments, be able to source end to end a range of requirements within specialist categories.
You will need to nurture and maintain strong supplier relationships and their category cost savings and work as part of a team to achieve procurement goals.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities - MCIPS Qualified (or near completion)
- Relevant Procurement experience at leading a strategic category
- The ability to provide strategic advice and guidance, understanding risk appetites and application of the relevant laws.
- Adaptable to change in line with new emerging business drivers & government requirements.
- Ability to think laterally, challenge traditional patterns of service delivery and develop new approaches..
- Strong leadership/management skills (eg setting vision, planning, prioritising, making decisions).
-Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating proven ability to build trust and influence with across the organisation and with suppliers. - The ability to demonstrate drive.
- Proven and demonstrable procurement experience within a similar organisation. - Proven ability to focus on value for stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities - PRINCE II Project Management Qualification, IACCM in Contract Management and Strategic Supplier Relationship
- Contract Management experience.
- Legal training including law governing public sector procurement
- A good understanding of financial systems and current software. - Working awareness of Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and Transfer of Undertaking for the Protection of Employees (TUPE).
This role is inside IR35 and will be based on site in Exeter. Successful candidates will need to undergo Basic Vetting prior to working on site.
We are looking for someone who is a strong communicator and relishes a challenge within a sourcing environment, who is keen to secure a new contract.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78364141