Head of Purchasing / IT Procurement Manager / Buyer
Job Title: Head of Software Procurement
Location: Enfield, North London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Head of Software Procurement will lead the Company's Procurement team. This team is responsible for all internal IT purchasing as well as hardware and software Supply chain activity and product delivery to fulfil customer orders, equipment installation, shipping, order administration, and customer record management. In addition, the team provides essential support to their sales and pre-sales team by managing software, equipment and revenue forecasting as well as coordinating contract reviews. The team is currently hardware heavy in its skills so we are looking for someone with strong software procurement skills, preferably procurement for incorporation into the company's products or offerings.
Within the procurement team they manage 30+ hardware and software suppliers, with the volume of activity trending towards software contracts. They have consolidated most of their hardware purchasing under Flex.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- working closely with the Product Management, Sales and/or Business Development team to identify all requirements and commercial considerations for 3rd party product (primarily software that could form part of the company's products
- helping identify potential suppliers/licensors
- engaging with suppliers/licensors as appropriate for one-off procurement or where appropriate, establishing on-going relationships with chosen suppliers/licensors
- negotiating of software, hardware and Professional service contracts
- establishing key contacts at the supplier/licensor who will champion the company and deliver on their requirements
- interfacing with various functional groups (e.g. Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Business Development) to know and understand all issues related to their suppliers/licensors
- driving all issues to resolution
- working with suppliers/licensors on contract structure and forecasting, with the critical remit of reducing their overall cost of sale
- negotiating to reduce ongoing maintenance costs
- liaising with the supplier/licensor on changes in requirements and outstanding issues
- negotiating special rates/royalties for one off bids and large customer opportunities
- holding quarterly business reviews with their main suppliers/licensors
- creating, documenting, optimising and maintaining best practice processes for supplier/licensor selection and negotiation of key terms.
Qualifications and Experience :
Strong software contracting, leadership, and coordination skills, including o direct experience with successful management of software contract negotiation, creation, and successful conclusion
- proven capability of cost saving negotiations
- ongoing relationship management through strength of communication
- working with international companies o experience managing a small team
Solid planning and Interpersonal skills.
- communication excellence - ability to drive to the core of an issue and focus o ability to work with and motivate others who have a variety of corporate objectives.
- demonstrated success in working with (external or internal) customers and successful coordination in fulfilling customer/field requirements or managing situations where requirements cannot be met.
The following skills and experiences would be a plus:
- Being technically savvy with software industry knowledge, knowledge of telecom service providers a plus
- Working with international companies successfully and have experience in leading programs with such companies.
- Success with differing communication and self-management styles.
- Dealing with cultural variances that are met in servicing a global customer base.
- Ability to refine process, style, actions to be in line with different management styles - flexibility of style.
- Ability to work independently; self-managed; self-motivated - shown through experience and accomplishments.
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge of industry standard provisions in software agreements for sublicensing/redistribution
- General procurement experience a plus
They will offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined the company, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
They also offer a competitive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Sourcing Manager, Supply Chain Manager, IT Manager, Senior Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Co-ordinator, Supply Chain Planner, Buying Project Manager, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Buying Manager, Head of Procurement, Senior Procurement Advisor, Senior Procurement Executive, Assistant Buyer, Purchaser, Assistant Purchasing Officer, Sourcing Executive, Assistant Procurement Officer, Assistant Procurement, Buying Executive will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78325266