Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Partner Financial are working with a high growth FTSE listed technology business to identify a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis for the Group. The Group is ideally positioned to continue to expand by acquisition and as a result of the substantial investments made into the technology of the product and services that the business provides.
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis position will play a high profile role within the group, reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, with regular exposure to the Group Chief Financial Officer and the Chief Executive. The role requires excellent communicational and stakeholder engagement skills as you will be responsible in building strong relationships with each of the operating divisions as well as the Group Board.
This is a broad role and outside of the core elements of a commercially facing FP&A role there will be regular support to the Executive team covering areas such as M&A, Investment cases, business case preparation and strategic projects. The successful individual for this role will be able to demonstrate that they can build strong relationships to lead and evolve an accurate and timely planning and budgeting process, and ultimately have the ambition to move into Finance Director within the group in the future.
- Ownership of the group consolidation planning models, including group long-range business plan model to be updated in detail biannually and forecast model to be updated monthly and group budget to be updated annually
- Working closely with the financial reporting manager to review and validate the monthly forecast
- Coordinate and challenge business unit budgets, forecasts and Risk & Opps submissions to group planning/forecasting team. Management of timetable and process
- Liaise with senior finance leads from around the business to ensure accurate and timely submissions during the planning process
- Produce regular group forecast/planning reporting for inclusion in monthly management reports/board reporting
- Using forecast models to produce scenarios around potential transactions, refinancings etc, liaising with commercial and technical departments as necessary to ensure that developments are accurately reflected
- Drive the change and evolution of the planning process
- Ad hoc M&A and other decision support including developing excel-based models for potential M&A and other business development projects
- Working with the Business Unit Finance Directors on ad hoc projects
- Business case preparation and review
The ideal profile for this opportunity will be a Big 4 trained ACA with up to date technical/reporting skills and strong experience in leading teams and building strong relationships within a complex organisation. It would be of benefit if you had previous experience in the Technology industry.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Andrew Waters. We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within five days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.