We’re Ascential Events.
Ascential Events bring communities together to be inspired, trade, network & learn. From Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity to Money20/20 to Spring/Autumn Fair, we work hard for customers to produce valuable events making meaningful impact on people, brands & businesses globally.
About the role
We're looking for a Database Manager to join our team in Paddington. As part of our Insight, your key responsibilities will include:
To drive growth in KPIs through the use of Ascential Exhibitons’ data, helping others understand what data we have, how this data can grow their events and prompting investment in data / ensuring data quality where appropriate.
- To be one of the company's data gurus, proactively encouraging colleagues in marketing, product and finance teams to engage with data to grow KPIs.
- To work with the Data Strategy Manager and central DW Architect to migrate reporting to the new data warehouse and Tableau, and to lead on adoption of Tableau as a self-serve tool
- To lead on implementation of Wrike as project management tool for the Data team
- To drive understanding in the business of the data we have and what can be achieved with the data
- To work closely together with temporary/contract resources to deliver on data requirements for key accounts
- To manage the programme of registration form standardisation across exhibitions, working with Marketing Automation.
- To oversee a programme of data quality improvement and supporting on data build or other data capturing techniques to grow our reach in relation to the brand’s objectives.
- To take ownership of data cleansing and data enrichment projects across all events, and where possible work with Ascential’s central data team to automate data quality projects
- To work with marketing teams on new data builds and integration into Salesforce
- To lead on managing the lead scoring model and refining it with sales leaders
- To be the to-go-to person for prospect and lead allocation to sales teams
- 4+ years of experience working in a database management role
- Understanding of data warehouse structures
- Expert analytics background and data manipulation skills through tools like Microsoft Excel
- Good data visualisation skills through working with Tableau
- Comfortable managing project back logs
- Excellent knowledge of CRM systems/databases such as Salesforce
Skills and competencies:
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, initiating attitude – able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Adaptable and flexible.
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?