Operational Delivery & Projects Manager
Operational Delivery & Projects Manager
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (pro rata)
Contract: Minimum 4 days per week, permanent contract, flexible hours
Would you like to make a real difference to the lives of people in the UK? We are looking for someone to oversee the coordination, project management and operational delivery of all contracted work and BILD traded services including training, consultancy, conferences and grant funded projects.
Who is BILD?
BILD improves support for people who have a learning disability or autism by endorsing ethical approaches that promote human rights, inclusion in society and equality of opportunity. BILD facilitates change by turning research, policy and evidence based practice into practical workforce and organisational development programmes. We are a small and motivated team based in Birmingham who work nationally and internationally with Governments, universities, local authorities, service providers and families.
BILD is growing and we are therefore seeking an experienced Operational Delivery & Projects Manager, looking to make a positive impact with the work that they do.
Operational Delivery & Projects Manager - Your responsibilities will include:
As part of the team, you will be responsible for overseeing the coordination and project management of the successful day to day operational delivery of all contracted work and BILD traded services including training, consultancy, conferences and grant funded projects
- The coordination and oversight for the delivery of all traded services
- Manage, support and develop of the Delivery team
- Ensuring that effective quality assurance and project management systems are developed and utilised across the organisation
- Monitor performance against deliverables for all contracts
- Ensure effective quality assurance and project management systems are developed and utilised across the organisation
- Instil a reflective and continually developing service delivery culture
- Measure impact of programmes to demonstrate effectiveness
- Monitor performance against deliverables for all contracts ensuring actions are completed in timely manor
Operational Delivery & Projects Manager - Who we need:
We are seeking someone with experience in the disability sector.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience of working in programme, operational or delivery management in larger health, social care, education or not for profit organisations and is interested in progressing to the next stage of their career in a smaller organisation.
We also recognise that developing the commercial nature of our delivery will ensure our impact reaches as many people as possible, so we also welcome applicants from outside the not for profit sector.
- Respectful of the diversity and differences of colleagues, customers and beneficiaries and have a commitment to support BILD’s overall mission to improve the quality of life for vulnerable people and their families
- A pro-active and practical thinker who likes the challenge of solving problems
- Highly organised, with ability to work on and oversee multiple projects, deliver effectively under time pressure, and foresee potential problems
- It goes without saying you are positive, friendly, flexible, with a hands-on attitude, a team leader, a motivator and an enabler
You must be able to demonstrate experience and skills of:
- 3+ years of project management experience including managing large projects, contracts and budgets
- 3 years’ experience of management and development of a small team (essential)
- Recognised project management qualification (or business administration degree) and membership of project management association or institute (essential)
- Understanding of digital technology and productivity systems to plan projects and resources (essential)
- Experience working in a small organisation or SME (essential)
- Experience reporting against time, resource and budgets
- Experience of health, social care, education, charity or disability sector services / operating environment (desirable)
- Experience of delivery of training programmes, consultancy, or events (desirable)
- Experience of supporting people with disabilities (desirable)
- Highly organised with excellent time management and team working skills
- Excellent digital & numeracy skills, budget management, financial reporting
Salary & Terms:
- Minimum 4 days per week, permanent contract, flexible hours
- Generous holiday allowance
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (pro rata)
If you think this all sounds just like you and kind of role you’d enjoy, please download the job outline and send your CV and a covering letter by email via the button below explaining why you’d be a great addition to our team.
Note: Applications without a cover letter will automatically be rejected.
Deadline for applications: Midday on Monday 29th January 2018