Digital Business Analyst / Consultant
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. We shape a better world through providing these services to clients operating in our strategic market sectors: Cities, Transport, Energy and Water.
Our Digital Strategy and Architecture Advisory team work with our clients to determine how to exploit innovative technology to solve complex business challenges. We then devise solutions, roadmaps and programme plans to deliver, assure and embed the change.
Our team members each develop a deep understanding of our clients’ business domain, the physical and Digital environment in which they work, and the technology trends and the challenges which they face. Our team has recently completed advisory and delivery projects spanning data strategy, business intelligence, machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud exploitation.
Our London-based Digital business is growing significantly. Now is an exciting time to join us and play a key role in the transformation and the digitalisation of the built environment, and in the future success of the Arup Digital team.
For more information about Arup, the work we do, and the projects the Digital team deliver, please see our website at www.arup.com and LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/arup
As a Digital Business Analyst / Consultant you will work on a variety of short-term and long-term client assignments delivering digital advisory services.
You will perform a range of activities, including:
- > Business and IT requirements elicitation and management
- > Current state and target state business analysis, data analysis, process modelling and business architecture
- > Senior stakeholder engagement, including interviews, presentations and workshops
- > Problem definition, options assessments and feasibility studies
- > Benefit quantification, effort estimation and business case formulation
- > Digital transformation roadmap definition
You will assist in the development of strategies, requirements and business cases that are sufficiently detailed to allow clients to undertake the next stages of their transformation, which may include technology-intensive detailed design and development, and supplier procurement.
Often you will work within a multi-disciplinary team with other senior and junior consultants. Depending on experience you may lead teams of 2-10 staff, be responsible for the delivery of Digital projects to clients, and be expected to work effectively with minimal supervision.
As well as working on client assignments, you will be adept at writing proposals for new work, including defining the scope, method/approach, deliverables, schedule, costs and risks.
Requirements and skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- > You will be educated to degree level in a subject related to business and information technology
- > You will typically have 2-5 years of experience working in project teams that employ Digital technology and techniques to solve complex problems.
- > In addition to your broad business and technology ability, you will also bring specialist knowledge of one or more relevant subject areas such as requirements management, business analysis, or process optimisation.
- > Our client stakeholders are frequently senior and, in addition to strong technical skills you will have excellent written, presentational and influencing skills.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- > You are likely to have achieved, or to be demonstrably close to achieving, chartered status as an analyst, engineer or IT professional, or to achieving professional recognition from organisations such as BCS or ISEB.
- > Whilst based in London, the roles may involve periods of time travelling to and working from client site in other locations.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits packages in our sector.
Core benefits include private medical insurance, life assurance, accident insurance, and long term disability cover. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.