Data Protection (GDPR) Project Manager
We are an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
This is a key position in ensuring preparations and readiness for 'go-live’ of the new GDPR. The Data Protection (GDPR) Project Manager will be responsible for providing project management expertise and organising the activities required to ensure that compliance is met for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations in 2018.
- Project managing the implementation of the organisation’s GDPR project, to ensure full compliance with all processes and procedures by May 2018
- Design and implement a strategy to enable full GDPR compliance
- Deliver structured training around GDPR to senior stakeholders
- Manage Data Protection Compliance and advice on legal requirements and best practice in contact with the Information Commissioner's Office with regard to potential complaints and breaches, ensuring that requests for information are properly handled
- Provide information and guidance on the processing of all personal data
- Process, co-ordinate and respond to all requests for information
- Develop and implement a Privacy Impact Assessment tool
- Promote data protection awareness throughout the organisation by providing training and written procedures that are widely disseminated and made available to all staff
- Ensure that statutory requirements are met in relation to current data protection legislation and the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations
- Undertake systematic Data Protection Act compliance audits in accordance with the Information Commissioners audit tool, including any third-party premises where appropriate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in Information Governance, Data Protection and regulatory change roles
- Project Management experience with suitable qualifications with a proven track record of leading projects to successful completion
- Working knowledge of UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- Knowledge of risk management, information security, data protection and/or data privacy principles and practice
- Ability to analyse legislative requirements and relate these to organisational practices and solutions
- Awareness of information systems and databases to determine how processes need to be developed
- Strong communicator as a key part of this project will require you to engage with a variety of stakeholders and carry out internal training
- Proven stakeholder management skills and experience
Reward and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a grade-related Flexible Benefits Fund which you can choose to take as extra cash, or spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to help with your work/life balance and financial security.
In addition all permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.