Deputy Headteacher Required for our Special Needs Primary School
April 2018 start Grade L9 – L15 (£55,411 - £63,041)
Are you someone who relishes a challenge? Likes to work in a place where no two days are the same? Likes to laugh and would enjoy leading a passionate and diverse team of individuals who are full of ideas?
We need a confident leader who believes in our vision, shows resilience, tenacity and drive. Someone engaging, creative and has a strong sense of how children learn. We’re looking for someone to coach and mentor staff across the school. To empower and challenge in our quest to improve outcomes for the most deserving children.
Who we are:
- Beormund is Southwark’s SEMH special needs setting. We provide a safe, nurturing and aspirational learning environment for children with social, emotional and mental health needs.
- Our expectations are high and our children achieve. Our recent and successful Ofsted report (November 2017) recognises the effective work we do.
- We personalise our provision for each child to ensure their needs are met and they fulfil their potential. Innovative and creative staff build upon the strengths and interests of our children to build their self-confidence and reignite their love of learning.
- We are busy designing our new school build and will relocate in the next 2-3years.
What we offer:
- A rewarding job working with engaging, determined and thought provoking children (the role is non class based but with teaching responsibilities).
- A cohesive and committed team of staff who want to be here and are keen to learn.
- A school where relationships are strong.
- An opportunity to train staff and disseminate practice, beyond our provision, to mainstream schools through our training element BeyondBeormund.
- The chance to explore and develop your own learning opportunities around neuroscience, psychology and special needs as well as attend accredited leadership training.
If this challenging and rewarding role interests you then visits to our school are highly recommended prior to applying. Please contact Julia, our School Business Manager, should you wish for a phone conversation with the Head or to arrange a visit. Application packs can be downloaded from our school website via the button below or from the Guardian jobs website and must be returned to email.
Beormund is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Thursday 1st February 2018 at 9am
Shortlisting: Thursday 1st February 2018 at 12pm
Interviews: Tuesday 20th and/or Wednesday 21st February 2018