Networks & Telecomms Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Network & Telecoms Engineer to provide operational support to key stakeholders across our business. The role will be based in Oxford and will involve some travel to other locations within the UK as required.
- Provide operational support on Cisco routing, switching and VoIP platforms, including call manager, unity and UCCE.
- Supporting the integrity of the network by working on Checkpoint and Fortinet firewall.
- Liaise and work closely with stakeholders to ensure technical solutions are implemented and are fit for purpose
- Mentor and instruct other functions within the IT Family on the IT systems that are in place
- Implement security patches to voice servers.
- Provide advice to management on technical systems as required
- Bring new technologies forward from complex to a day to day maintenance activity
- Provide out of hours support to customers
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience with Cisco technologies & experience working with routine Cisco platforms
- Proven track record of fault finding on Corporate sized networks.
- Demonstrate a logical problem solving thought process
- An operational understanding of firewalls
- Pervious exposure to either CUCCM and/or UCCX or UCCE
- Has previously operated at CCNA level
- Ability to share information amongst team members to enable greater support of the infrastructure
- Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets
- Demonstrates the ability to translate technical jargon into simple language for customers
- Demonstrate strong analytical capability
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Has worked in a technical environment providing solutions for customers
- Has proven project delivery capability
- Shows commitment to and upholds Amey values.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation
- Has proven ability to mentor and instruct others
- IOSH working safely