West Yorkshire Police-Investigative officer
Servoca Resource solutions are looking for investigators to work for West Yorkshire Police.
Overall purpose of role:
Working as part of an investigative team to undertake directed enquiries and provide support in relation to volume crime level investigations.
Key outputs for role:
- Conduct interviews with suspects, witnesses and victims using PEACE/PACE interview methods and provide accurate written statements for court proceedings.
- To act as a victim and witness liaison officer providing support to victims and, when required, assist to obtain forensic samples in a form suitable for court proceedings.
- Initial Investigation, to conduct a primary investigation as required and to act as the Investigative Officer in the allocated case.
- To undertake evidential enquiries as directed, or refer to a supervisor with responsibility for the case and reply to those enquiries within agreed time-scales.
- To ensure that all relevant intelligence is communicated to the appropriate Intelligence Unit to provide an up to date and effective bank of knowledge within the department and the Force.
Essential Expertise in Role Required (At selection - Level 1)
- Has the ability to interview competently and with integrity.
- Has an understanding of the appropriate legislation in relation to crime investigation, such as; RIPA, ECHR, CPIA and PACE.
- Ability to successfully complete National Accreditation relevant to current posting.
- Demonstrate an ability to use IT systems.
- A good command of English both verbal and written.
- Prepare to successfully undertake management vetting procedure including financial checks.
- Willingness and ability to travel for business purposes.
- Prepared to work at any location as deemed appropriate.
- Has a full current UK/European driving licence.
- Understanding of Criminal Justice System
- Experience of undertaking investigations.
- Has successfully attended PEACE interview course.
- Access to a vehicle and prepared to use it for business purposes
Pay PAYE: £10.12 - £11.21 - Pay rates are depending on recent experience
Pay Umbrella: £12.23 - £13.61 - Pay rates are depending on recent experience
Hours Per Week: 37
Contract length: 6 Months
Start Time 09:00
End Time: 17:00