Senior Events Officer
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At The Scout Association we are currently looking for a Senior Events Officer to join team based in Gilwell Park on a full time, permanent basis, working 35 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of £32,439 per annum Inc. OLW plus fantastic benefits.
About the Senior Events Officer role
The purpose of this role is to manage and support the organisation and delivery of a number of national events and contingents/delegations to international events. This includes (but not exclusively) national events such as: the National Day of Celebration and Achievement; the annual Thanksgiving celebration; the Silver Wolf holders event; Founders Day and National Scout Conference; and UK Contingents to events such as the World Scout Jamboree, World Scout Moot and Roverway.
This role will also include providing some ad-hoc advice and guidance to both Association staff and volunteers regarding event management.
What we’re looking for in our Senior Events Officer
- Excellent event management experience and organisational skills (A/I/P)
- Ability to demonstrate initiative especially when problem solving or under pressure (A/I/P)
- Able to effectively work as part of a team and take the lead when required including building and maintaining effective relationships with a range of stakeholders (A/I/P)
- Ability to communicate at all levels with senior volunteers, staff and stakeholders (A/I)
- Ability to recognise and change inefficiencies in processes (A/I)
- Able to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of complex events (A/I)
- Experience of managing budgets (A/I/P)
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. H&S Legislation) (A/I)
- Experience of using sophisticated event management databases (A/I)
- Marketing and/or promotional experience (A/I)
- Experience of compiling detailed risk assessments (A/I)
What we can offer you as our Senior Events Officer
- Simply Health Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised lunch
- Free parking
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Young people are our future and The Scout Association plays a vital role in developing them for adult life. The Association has developed a vision and strategy to take Scouting forward through 2018 and beyond. The Events Team is responsible for the delivery of a wide range of high impact and exciting events for both adults and young people. We are a key part to achieve Scouting’s vision to grow by ensuring young people have the opportunity to participate in exciting national and international events, shaped by young people in partnership with adults.
So if you would like to join the team as our new Senior Events Officer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing Date: 26 January 2018
Interview Date: 9 February 2018
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.