Teacher of English
September 2018 Start
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn. The success of the school as an Academy has led to Cheney School expanding into a Multi Academy Trust.
The English Faculty is a key part of Cheney’s success, with 80% of students achieving grade 4 and above in either English Language or English Literature at GCSE last year. We are keen to develop and improve these results even further and we feel that recruiting the best possible teachers is the key to that aim.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide ranging training and development opportunities. The school is very popular and is an excellent platform for staff to further develop their professional career. If you wish to develop your career in a vibrant school which seeks to go from good to outstanding, we would welcome your application.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement;
- have the determination to be ‘outstanding’ in your own classroom teaching;
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students;
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas;
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate students;
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning.
If you would like to find out more, please contact Charlotte Broom, Assistant Head (English and Literacy), via email or by phone on: 01865 755151
Payment on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale depending on experience. The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below.
In addition to your application form please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience via the button below.
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Wednesday, 24 January 2018, 8:00 a.m.