Summer Internship, Tax, Indirect Tax, Birmingham, 2018
The PwC Deal
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Running during the summer, our 6 week Summer Internships offer high calibre students the opportunity to experience work and life at PwC, and gain a valuable insight into our business and culture. You'll work alongside graduate trainees and experienced professionals on live and interesting client projects. You will be doing real work on real clients so be prepared to get stuck in.
Your knowledge will help high-profile businesses, entrepreneurs and family businesses understand complex rules and make informed decisions with significant impacts. You'll also help governments ensure the efficient operation of tax systems, and use your insight to solve long-term problems. You'll be part of a business that's committed to proactively engaging with the tax policy debate and focused on leading views and new ideas.
You’ll join a growing network that works with clients across a range of sectors – including financial services, consumer products, technology and energy – each with its own specific indirect tax challenges. You’ll advise businesses on VAT and other indirect taxes, including international trade issues linked to Customs and Excise Duties.
What you'll gain
You'll find out first-hand if this is the career for you. If it is - and you perform well - you could go back to university with a graduate job offer. And you'll certainly raise your commercial awareness and interpersonal skills to new levels. By experiencing life inside the world's leading professional services organisation, you'll develop many new skills and qualities that will be valuable whatever you choose to do.
What you need to get in
- You'll need to be in your penultimate year of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree; or
- You'll need to be in your final year of an undergraduate degree with a one year postgraduate place confirmed; and
- You'll need to have or be on course for a 2.1 degree or above in any subject
- Outstanding potential takes many forms and academic success is just one measure. That's why we have our 'Outstanding Achievement' entry route - it's an innovative way we're able to support applications from people who may not have met the academic requirements we're looking for, but have excelled in something else. Click here to find out more.
We know that the skills and experiences you develop with us will stay with you throughout your career. So join PwC. We'll help you reach your full potential.
Take the opportunity of a lifetime.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
Find out more
- The skills and behaviours we're looking for
- Selection process
- Psychometric and interview e-learn
- People profiles
- Do you need a work permit?
- Diversity and inclusion