Sue Ryder St John’s Hospice, Bedford
£Competitive salary plus benefits package
At Sue Ryder we provide 2.5 million hours of expert medical, practical and emotional support every year, in our 12 hospices and neurological care centres, in people’s homes and in the community. We treat a huge variety of conditions, more than any other UK charity
St John’s is a Sue Ryder hospice, based in the village of Moggerhanger in Bedfordshire. We’re here for people aged 18 and over who are living with conditions like cancer, heart failure and lung disease. We offer a range of support to communities across Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, from inpatient care in our 15 bed hospice to day services which help people stay at home longer and offer respite to carers.
We are now seeking a new Hospice Director with strong clinical and people leadership skills to ensure the delivery of excellent quality driven care whilst sustaining and growing income. With an exciting development plan in place we are looking for an outstanding individual to push goals through to fruition and continue raising the profile of our St John’s Hospice.
• Leads the development and implementation of the Hospice Annual Business Plan, ensuring linkage to the organisational 5 year strategic plan
• Responsible for growing and developing the clinical services with the local commissioning groups
• Responsible for growing and developing fundraising and statutory income
• Provides expert knowledge of hospice care and acts as ambassador for the hospice and Sue Ryder in the locality
• Demonstrable track record of leading and managing similar successful clinical and financial operations
• Significant, demonstrable experience of change management, service transformation and project management principles and processes
• Strong leadership presence, strategic and financial planning and acumen
• An analytical and commercial thinker with the ability to be innovative and solution focused
*Competitive Benefits Package* – 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus Bank Holidays, Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme, Private Pension Plan, Life Assurance, Staff Discount with thousands of retailers, Enhanced Maternity Pay, 15% off Sue Ryder New Goods, Nurse Referral Bonus Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Free Parking, Subsidised meals/drinks and more.
Please apply online or to receive a full candidate pack please email or call our Head of Recruitment, Laura Sargent
Closing date Monday 29th January.