Finance and Operations Assistant
Established in 2003, with more than 10 years' experience in the aviation market and a dominance in Europe, this company is now in the most exciting growth phase, creating new products for both retail and the business sector. They are seeking a Finance and Operations Assistant to join their innovative and dynamic team based at the University of East London.
- To assist the finance and operations team with any ad hoc duties
- Responding to customers and suppliers via email
- Help in processing purchase orders and schedule deliveries liaising with the warehouse staff as and when needed
- Keeping up to date with deliveries
- Stock take and stock reconciliation weekly and monthly
- Credit control including issuing statements and calling customers
- Recording cash payments, cash receipts and bank transactions into QuickBooks
- Set up payments in the banking system
- Update and maintain monthly cash flow report
- Produce reports from QuickBooks on stock, sales, etc.
- Input expenses in Sage including credit card statements and staff expenses
- Excel use at an intermediate level
- Help keep QuickBooks up to date by inputting invoices, sales, expenses etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced office environment, ideally 2-3 years
- Have experience in either a finance/operations role
- Have a good working knowledge of QuickBooks, Sage or any other accounting package
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office especially MS Excel
- Possess strong spoken and written communication skills to liaise with blue chip clients
- Prioritise and manage their workload to meet deadlines
- Have good attention to detail
- Qualified to degree level
- Strong communications skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good work ethic and Reliable
- Positive attitude
- Determination and persistence
- Ability to work in harmony with Co-Workers
- Eager and willing to add to their knowledge base and skills
Permanent - Part time (20-25 hrs per week) leading to a full-time position.