Data & Insight Manager
We’re Ascential Events.
Ascential Events bring communities together to be inspired, trade, network & learn. From Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity to Money20/20 to Spring/Autumn Fair, we work hard for customers to produce valuable events making meaningful impact on people, brands & businesses globally.
About the role
We're looking for a Data & Insight Manager to join our team in Paddington. As part of our Insight, your key responsibilities will include:
To develop and grow AE Exhibition’s data proposition to provide greater insights to support the marketing, finance and product team’s objectives as well as drive new commercial opportunities for the business.
- To work with the marketing, finance and product teams to deliver a data strategy that delivers commercial revenue opportunities for the business, and to take responsibility for delivering the data roadmap. This includes but is not limited to propensity & regression modelling and new audience acquisition
- To position the Data team as a strategic resource to AE Exhibitions business
- To develop reporting frameworks through AE’s data warehouse and Tableau, enabling report automation and report standardisation across all product portfolios.
- To drive understanding in the business of the data we have and what can be achieved with the data
- To understand business KPIs, what data needs to be captured to feed into KPI reporting, and work with Ascential Central Data team to get changes implemented to data sources where necessary.
- To deliver actionable insights based on multiple sources and present clear insights to key stakeholders
- To work with Ascential’s Central data team, the CRM Ops team, the wider Insight & Data team and third-party suppliers to enhance customer data to deliver a unified view across all touchpoints that can be interrogated to provide insights into business KPI performance
- To line manage the Database Manager and support his/her development
- Experience in developing data strategy and executing business plans
- Solid knowledge of data warehouse structures and SQL
- Expert analytics background and data manipulation skills through tools like Microsoft Excel
- Advanced data visualisation skills through working with Tableau
- Comfortable managing project back log
- Excellent knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Strong leader with the ability to delegate effectively and manage a team whilst supporting career progression (3+ years)
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Good communication and presentation skills – able to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas in a manner that engages their audience, including senior decision-makers.
- Proactive, initiating attitude – able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with the energy and tenacity to address bottlenecks and barriers.
- Strong influencing skills
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Adaptable and flexible.
What we offer
We offer our employees a great package of perks, including:
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
More information provided on our website.
Each of our products and brands has its own unique heritage and voice, but all align to one common goal: to enable an eco-system that better informs and connects the business world.
Here at Ascential, we have a deep knowledge of our customers, their businesses and industries. Our aim is for our products – increasingly offered both face to face and online - to offer content and connections that professionals rely on for growth and value creation.
Operating from 14 offices around the world, Ascential serves customers in more than 150 countries, providing local and global knowledge, connections and access.
Check out our incredible portfolio:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?