IT Desk Support Technician
About the facility
HCA Healthcare UK: Winners of Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016
HCA Healthcare is London’s largest private hospital group, and operates 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. We also run HCA Laboratories and are growing via our expanding joint ventures divisions, including partnering with the NHS.
Our primary purpose is to provide exceptional care delivered with compassion and kindness, using state-of-the-art technology operated by expert, dedicated teams.
This is a full time and permanent opportunity offering a competitive package dependent upon candidate experience. Along with a competitive salary, the incumbent will also receive 25 days holiday, private healthcare and our company flexible benefits scheme.
The position will be supporting our facilities in central London so will involve travel around Zone 1 and to our IT offices on the banks of the Thames in London Bridge.
The Desktop Support Specialist will provide 2nd level support for desktop, printer, wireless client and generate incident tickets in the field. The Desktop Support Specialist will also certify and create documentation for new client hardware per new technologies or technologies going end of life. The Desktop Support Specialist is normally facility / site-based working closely with the facility team to ensure IT issues are identified, logged, documented and resolved in a timely fashion.
The Desktop Support Specialist interacts with other IT&S departments to address an overall strategy for client within the enterprise (CSS, Wintel, Information Security, Field IT support staff, Advanced Architecture, DTS community, System Administrator community). The Desktop Support Specialist writes documentation for certification, support and training guides as needed. The Desktop Support Specialist participates on project efforts that involve clients in the enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Desktop Support Specialist will have strong technical expertise in the following client OS platforms and technologies. In doing this role the Desktop Support Specialist will need to be able to configure core apps/applications in order to support mobile technology and security activities.
Broad background in technology – Including but not limited to:
• Microsoft (and non-Microsoft) operating systems and applications
• Industry standard computing platforms
• LAN technologies
• WLAN & WiFi technologies
• Cellular/Mobile computing technologies
• Industry standards and governance bodies
• Ability to work with mobile applications / iOS & Androids Apps, including installation and configuration
• Desktop monitoring and application problem identification
• Mobile Device Management (MDM) including Airwatch, iPhones, iPads, Surface Pro and Android
• Win 7, iOS, SCCM, SQL, MS Server OS, networking, VMware, Citrix, print environment
Competency in the Client Technology Domain – Including but not limited to:
• Enterprise level desktop computer, laptops, tablets, and PDA devices.
• Industry standard display products.
• Enterprise level print/imaging technology and devices.
• Barcode scanning technologies and symbologies.
• WLAN troubleshooting and protocols; 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.11h, 802.1x, WPA1, WPA2
• Mobile computing power systems
• Experience with Enterprise IT Environments
• Strong familiarity and understanding of facilities and division systems and organisation
• Strong client-facing written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to maintain focus and stay on goal with little or no supervision
Skills and Experience
Strong technical skills in:
- Experience with Enterprise IT Environments
- Understanding of application technologies, and service management / monitoring approaches
- Experience in support process development and improvement
- Mobile device management (MDM) and ability to install / configure
- LAN technologies
- WLAN & WiFi technologies
- Cellular/Mobile computing technologies
- Microsoft (and non-Microsoft) operating systems and applications
- Enterprise level desktop computer, laptops, tablets, and PDA devices
- Industry standard display products
- Enterprise level print/imaging technology and devices
- Barcode scanning technologies
- WLAN and protocols; 802.11 a/b/g/n, 802.11h, 802.1x, WPA1, WPA2
- Mobile computing power systems
- Windows 7, SCCM, SQL, MS Server OS, networking, VMware, Citrix, print environment
- Technical trouble-shooting
- In-depth technical skills and experience in applications a bonus
- Microsoft Office Suite
About the Individual
We require someone with excellent customer service skills and a desire to help people and develop themselves.