Principal Civil Infrastructure Engineer- Master Planning
Principal Civil Infrastructure Engineer - Master Planner - Chesham
Edge Careers' client provides a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers and now have an urgent need for a Civil Engineer to join them on a permanent basis in their Chesham office.
You will be tasked with managing Civil Engineering aspects of Master Planning of significant projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
This is a career position with a dynamic and skilled team, with progression to Associate assured for the right candidate.
Your duties will include:
- Manage own workload and that of graduates and control the programmed performance of projects.
- Liaise, negotiate and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Local lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Regional Highway and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
- Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
Along with relevant experience and qualifications necessary for the role, you will have the following experience and skills:
- Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of FRAs Suds and Pre Planning Advice.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow, HECRAS.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to manage own projects and teams within agreed time scales.
- Good written and verbal communication and management skills.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact Andy Winkett at Edge Careers.
This job was originally posted as www.careerstructure.com/job/79157385