Associate Director, Policy & Evaluation
Ipsos MORI has the largest social research team in the UK and for over 30 years we have worked closely with government departments, a wide range of public services and not-for-profit organisations. Using our unparalleled social research expertise, we advise policy makers on what works in terms of service delivery, providing robust data on people’s attitudes and evidence which helps turn policy in to reality.
Ipsos MORI’s Policy & Evaluation Unit is recruiting for an Associate Director to lead and support the delivery of its growing portfolio of evaluation projects for UK clients across the public and not-for-profit sectors. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of the development of the evaluation business and contribute to the growth of this service offering within Ipsos globally.
The main responsibilities of an Associate Director in the Policy & Evaluation team will include:
- Reporting directly to the Head of Evaluation within Ipsos MORI, you would be a central member of the Evaluation Management Team and contribute to the delivery of the Evaluation Unit Business Plan
- Manage evaluation projects of varying degrees of scale and complexity across the portfolio of the Policy and Evaluation Unit;
- Contribute to the growth of the Policy and Evaluation Unit by supporting business development and marketing;
- Deliver internal training sessions on evaluation techniques and practices to improve general levels of knowledge across the Social Research Institute;
- Promoting Ipsos MORI’s capabilities in evaluation at key conferences and events
We are keen to hear from candidates with experience across any policy areas – but we would be particularly interested with candidates with experience in enterprise, innovation, transport, infrastructure, energy or environmental policy. The role will be based in London.
What we are looking for
The successful candidate will have strong relevant work experience and will demonstrate the following key skills and attributes:
- A very good understanding (based on previous experience) of the main approaches, methods and tools used to evaluate public sector interventions;
- A minimum of seven years of experience of applying these skills in a policy or consultancy environment;
- Experience with applying different quantitative and qualitative research techniques;
- A keen interest in public policy in the UK;
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a proven track record in business development;
- Experience of managing complex consultancy / research projects for public sector clients;
- An excellent command of the English language;
- A post-graduate qualification in economics or a related discipline would be desirable
What we offer
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing, highly dynamic, professional and successful team of evaluation specialists within one of the UK’s largest social research teams.
- Opportunities to make your mark and help determine the future direction of the business, by taking responsibility for a portfolio of projects and developing the business in selected policy areas
- A commitment to professional development via on-the-job training as well as access to Ipsos internal as well as external training courses
- A competitive salary and an attractive package of benefits
- Opportunities to travel, both domestically and internationally