Primary School SENCO (3-4 Days per Week)
Gearies Primary is currently a 3 form entry school expanding, in planned phases, to 4 form entry. We are looking for an experienced SENCO to co-ordinate our SEND provision and help meet the needs of a growing school. Our pupils are superb learners and appreciate great teaching. They make us smile each day; we are very proud of them and our school.
Information about the role:
The job is a non class based role that involves:
- leading an excellent team of SEND teachers and support staff
- effective communication with the school community and outside agencies
- a working knowledge of effective SEND strategies and how best to deploy them
- strategic leadership input
- SEN teaching
We are looking for someone who:
- has a national award in special educational needs co-ordination or is willing to obtain this qualification
- has excellent knowledge of current SEND legislation and practices
- has knowledge of Development Matters in the EYFS
- enjoys being challenged
We would prefer someone with:
- evidence of studies at Masters level
- coaching and mentoring experience
Information about our School
We devote our time to developing excellent teaching and leadership both within and beyond the school. We routinely engage in research and have received international recognition for our award winning publications linked to reciprocal reading and language.
Our diverse workforce is balanced well to match our cosmopolitan community. We are committed to developing equal opportunities and encourage applicants with a good understanding of how to meet the needs of a diverse community.
As a Teaching School we offer great opportunities to develop your career. We are at the heart of developing teaching, leadership and learning in our educational community. We offer many opportunities to engage in learning around the art of education.
We encourage visits to the school; come and meet our community and learn more about us. Contact Mrs Heys on 020 8550 1803 to arrange.
Application packs should be downloaded directly from this website. Completed application forms can be returned by email or by post. Closing date: 19 January 2018 at 9.30am. Interview date: 7 February 2018, pm. Start date: April 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post will require an enhanced DBS check and references will be taken up prior to interview. Embracing diversity and promoting equalities for all.