Business Unit HC Leader - 12 month Fixed Term Contract / Permanent
Who we are
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is one of the world’s leading Professional Services organisations who advise some of the most successful organisations, entrepreneurs and private businesses on a range of services including Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Acquisitions.
To support our team of over 20,000 people within the UK we have a strong HR Professional Services team who provide professional advice to our people managers, and guide our business stakeholders through operational HR activities delivering a consistent & professional service, that enables and enhances business performance.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced HR professional to join our HC Professional team as a Business Unit Human Capital Leader (BU HCL) (Externally this would be equivalent to HR Business partner). The individual will lead their team and take operational ownership including all cyclical activities within their Business Units, whilst working in partnership with their Senior HC Leader (Externally this would be equivalent to Senior HR Business partner) to understand and deliver the people strategy and performance, talent and engagement in a commercial way.
The BU HC Leader will develop close working relationships with senior stakeholders in their business such as Business Unit Leaders, People Partners, Group/Team Leaders, People Managers and Resourcing, alongside building relationships with other HR colleagues including our Employee Relations & Policy Advice team, administration hub and offshore customer service team.
Key areas of responsibility include:People Managers - Advise, guide and coach people managers on performance, employee relations and health & wellbeing of our people to optimise business performance and minimise risk. This will include delivery of training for new people managers, and ongoing facilitation of more experienced people managers.
Performance management - Provide commercial advice to people managers to support them having difficult conversations and managing poor performers.
Employee relations - Provide consultation and support on disciplinaries through investigations and hearings, whilst keeping a commercial perspective to mitigate employment law risks to the firm. Grievances and complex cases will be managed by our specialist team.
Health & Well-Being - Consult and advise on health and well-being aspects which impact the individual and firm. Ensure the people manager and the individual are well supported, and have access to the right resources when they need it.
Performance Talent and Reward Review - Prepare, direct and deliver the annual performance, talent, promotion, and reward review with business leaders and Senior HC leaders at mid and year end cycles. This includes leading all moderation meetings for manager and below, whilst supporting the Senior HC Leader with Senior Manager and Director moderations; leading all salary and bonus modelling with Senior business stakeholders.
Talent - Lead on Talent Management for Managers and below, which will include preparing and attending Talent Review Groups (TRGs) with Senior Business stakeholders, succession planning, and identifying the right learning and development opportunities. Supporting the Senior HC Leader on the Talent agenda for Senior managers and Directors.
First Five Years - Fully understand and partner with people managers on the below manager population including entry routes, promotions, progression and exam cycles.
People Analytics - With a commercial mindset, interpret People MI and provide insights and proposals which align with the business and people priorities, to enhance business performance.
Life event activity - Coach and support HC Operations team with advice to facilitate employee Life Events for people managers; such as joiners, leavers, secondments and transfers and other life events that fall within the employee’s employment. Champion the use of HC Direct by employees and encourage a more self service approach
Immigration - Advise on routine immigration matters, exceptions to policy and sensitive cases, ensuring compliance with our legal requirements whilst minimising risk to the firm
Engagement - Review the firm’s annual employee engagement survey, to provide insight, analysis and commercial input to help drive the people and engagement agenda with the Senior HC Leader
Successful applicant will require
- Previous experience in an HR generalist role at manager level, leading a team; experience in professional services/large corporates advantageous
- Commercial understanding of the business and how HR can support via the people agenda
- Experience in supporting and coaching people managers
- Broad generalist HR knowledge and experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Health & Wellbeing, performance management and Employee Relations, with previous hands on experience of managing multiple cases across these areas
- Strong project management and organisational skills, to manage high volumes of work, often within tight deadlines
- Ability to plan ahead within the cyclical calendar to provide a more proactive HR support to the business
- Ability to challenge and realign work away from the HC team where necessary
- High standard of written documentation, and previous experience of producing professional and robust letters and reports
- Pragmatic, diplomatic, sound written skills and a good team player and leader
- Portray a professional, customer oriented image of HC
- Communicate/interact effectively with employees/People Managers while displaying empathy and courtesy
- Strong interpersonal/consulting skills, working effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Confidence to deal with employees at all levels
- Flexibility and adaptability in both attitude and approach
- Strong attention to detail
- Cultivate trust with customers, team members and others within the wider HC function
- Responsibility for developing own knowledge and future career progression within the HC function
- Willingness to take on extra responsibility and go the extra mile
- CIPD qualified/part qualified or equivalent
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity