We’re embarking on a major new chapter in the history of Kingston Lacy which will revolutionise the visitor experience and launch a series of major conservation programmes.
We have an opportunity for a hands on Facilities Manager to ensure all building and facilities work is delivered to an exceptional standard. You'll be working three days a week, which may be different days each week dependent on the business needs.
What it's like to work here
The outstanding art collection is one of the main attractions to this beautiful Italian-inspired mansion. As one of the National Trust’s ‘treasure houses’, the 55 strong team have exciting times ahead as they embark on major conservation projects to preserve this 8,500 estate and its rare collection of artefacts. A Japanese garden and tearoom and community growing spaces are also among the key attractions at Kingston Lacey. The property has a rural location, so it’s likely you will require your own transport to get here.
What you'll be doing
You’ll be responsible for managing in-hand buildings and facilities at Kingston Lacy to a high presentation and conservation standard, and for leading work to ensure security, fire, environmental, health and safety compliance.
For us Facilities can’t be purely a back office function, so you’ll report into the General Manager, and be accountable for the running of all aspects of facilities management at the site. That means making sure we are safe and compliant. It means supporting and delivering reactive, preventative, and planned maintenance.
The role also takes a lead in our efforts to reduce Kingston Lacy environmental footprint with a reduction in energy consumption a priority both locally and at national level.
With our focus on safety and compliance “risk” is key and we’ll want to know about your detailed experience in this area.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role you'll need to have/be;
- Facilities/Premises Manager experience
- An understanding of how to care for historic buildings
- A good understanding of fire and security procedure, health and safety, buildings maintenance, contractor management and services provision
- A strong track record in process and procedure and you’ll love working with data
- Great people skills, including working with colleagues, visitors and volunteers
- Good understanding of conservation and managing our environmental footprint, including working with consultants and contractors to effect changes where necessary
- Passionate about the work of the National Trust
- A flair for detail, plenty of common sense and strong organisational skills
- Some project management experience
- A full UK driving licence
Looking after you
- Health cash plan – from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking