Science Teacher | Croydon | Immediate Start | MPS
Secondary Teacher job, Croydon, London
Science Secondary Job, Croydon, South London
Start Date: Immediate Start
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Are you a newly qualified or experienced Science Teacher looking to join an innovative academy where you have plenty of opportunity for progression?
Would you like to be part of a school with a purposeful working environment?
If so, this is the job for you.
Your new school
Centrally located in the London Borough of Croydon this is a contemporary, well-equipped school with excellent facilities and large surroundings. The school achieves highly at both GCSE and A level with last year’s GCSE Science attaining 85% for A*- C grades. The school has a dynamic and highly experienced SLT with clear plans to advance to provide a high quality education to all their pupils, present and future, in a fun and safe learning environment.
Your new role
The school is looking for a teacher who is able to motivate low ability students and challenge the more able pupils to ensure they maximise their potential by using a range of different learning resources and equipment to prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations. Additionally, you would need to be able manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour. For the right candidate responsibilities will be given such as taking on the role of form tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties. You will be expect to participate in and organise extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events as well as liaise with other professionals, such as learning mentors, careers advisers, educational psychologists and education welfare officers
What you need to succeed:
• PGCE/ QTS in education (or equivalent) and experience teaching secondary students
• Ability to teach General Science up to KS4 and either Biology, Chemistry or Physics up to KS5
• Previous experience working in a secondary school environment
• Strong Classroom Management and Behavioural Skills
Benefits of working for Hays Education:
• Competitive rates of pay and a Guaranteed Pay Scheme
• A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
• Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
• Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
• Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. Nevertheless, if unfortunately this job isn’t quite for you but you are looking for a job in teaching, contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career