SEN Teaching Assistant North Manchester
SEN Teaching Assistant required in North Manchester
I am currently seeking an aspirational teaching assistant to support students at a Secondary School in North Manchester.
This school focuses on creating an environment for students that is meaningful, inspiring and enjoyable that promotes achievement for all. All pupils have an Individual Education Plan, utilising records of achievement and progress.
I am looking for a TA with the ability to support pupils behaviourally, academically, and with aspects of personal and medical care. You would also be required to support the teacher and other support staff by contributing to Records of Achievement Evidence. Experience with PMLD, ASD, MLD and SLD is desirable.
The hours will be 8:30am-4pm Monday to Friday.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting pupils with emotional and/or behavioural difficulties associated with learning difficulties
- Supporting with pupils with complex medical and physical disabilities, including feeding procedures and low level medical procedures
- Supporting pupils with personal care where needed
- Assisting with and carrying out intervention techniques as per school policy (Team Teach)
- Supporting pupils by understanding their Individual Education Plan, their level of progress, (using BSquared and P Levels) and their communication systems e.g. PECS/Signalong/Objects of Reference/Symbols
If you would like to apply for this position, please email across a CV to or give me a call on 01612001904
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79116800