Marketing and Communications Officer
Marketing & Communications Officer
If you’re a talented copywriter looking for their next permanent role in marketing and communications then this position within the education sector could be for you. Working in a friendly organisation in the marketing department, the Marketing and Communications Officer will be responsible for developing and executing a communications plan to effectively promote the organisation and its brand to all stakeholders and audiences.
As Marketing and Communications Officer, you will bring a level of expertise to the marketing team regarding email, content and social media marketing and copywriting. It will be up to you to help the organisation improve its footprint and presence in these areas and is a great opportunity for you to demonstrate your creative capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Optimising marketing for all audiences through email, content, and social channels
- Building and managing a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to the organisation’s owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.)
- Growing new followers, by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content (including offers)
- Collaborating with designers, product marketing, external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Creating and working with others on brand-level video, web, and graphic design projects
- Creating and implementing new projects and creative ideas that help develop brand image
- Partnering with HR / Recruitment on the internal and external promotion of our ‘Employee Value Proposition’ (EVP)
- Owning the creation and uploading of copy and images for the organisation’s website
- Writing, proofreading and designing many and varied materials i.e. marketing literature, prospectuses, E-shots, general communications, social media posts
- Management and review of the organisation’s social media presence
- Any marketing work for events and working with event managers to produce quality supporting materials
- Identifying appropriate analysis of the effectiveness of communications
- Developing regular reporting and KPIs to support and drive future decision-making
Skills and Experience:
- Either educated to degree-level in a relevant field (e.g. Marketing, Journalism or English/Creative Writing) or at least 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant role involving content and marketing communications.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Understanding of social media platforms and social marketing techniques.
- Experience with creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud would be preferable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79161998